All our diabetic patients, even if are under hospital care, are encouraged to
- Ensure they have a 6 monthly Hba1c (sugar test) and call a week later for the results. You will be advised if any action is required.
- Annual blood tests to include cholesterol followed by a Comprehensive Diabetes Annual Review, with the Diabetes Nurse. Appointments can be booked in advance and blood forms can be requested from reception after 2pm. Please allow two working days before collecting.
- Patients on regular medication will need a review with the GP at least once every 9 months to a year.
- Contact us around September to book for an Annual Flu Vaccination
- Attend yearly Retinal (Eye) Screening Programme - Your GP will refer you for this at the time of diagnosis. If you miss an appointment please contact them directly to rearrange.